TACO SOUP (perfect for Fall weather and WORLD SERIES RANGER GAME NIGHTS!!!)
From the kitchen of the lovely, Erin Misegades (thank you!!!)
1 pound (aka roll) of ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (optional- Logan doesn't like onions)
2 cloves of chopped garlic (tedious but worth it for the flavor)
2 T olive oil
1 t chili powder
1 cup salsa (any kind- don't get something funky like black bean, get a standard flavor)
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
1 cup chicken broth
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sautee for a couple of minutes. Add garlic; sautee 2-3 minutes.
2. Add ground beef to the skillet. Break into 1/2"-1" chunks. Sprinkle chili powder over beef; mix well. Cover and brown beef. Drain fats and liquids (optional)
3. In a separate, medium pot (at least 3.5 quarts) combine remaining ingredients. (pictured above) Bring to a slow boil.
4. Add (drained) beef mixture to the pot. Return to a slow boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer until ready to eat!
6. Top with tortilla chips and shredded cheese!!!
***Serves 4 people: We had 2 friends over and lets just say we SCRAPED the bowl dry!!! Double the above recipe if you are expecting a few hearty friends :)
- So this time, last year... was my last day of work before our big WEDDING! I had my family shower at the Steele's and it was the first time my Dads family, Moms family, Logans family all 3 got to be in the same place together and mix and mingle... what a sweet time that was... it definitely does not happen very often, AT ALL!
- We leave for Boston on Friday to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary and we have the most jam packed F-U-N trip planned! I cannot wait to tell you all about it :) The forecast is in the 50's during the day and 40's at night... like REAL LIFE FALL!!! yay scarves and boots!
- SHOUT OUT TO MY BESTIE ANNIE HOUSTON WHO IS HAVING A BABY GIRL LOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am flipping excited :)