My Beauty Regimen by abbymisegades on Polyvore.com
This post is going to be in 2 parts... one for skin care and one for makeup.
I find it highly entertaining that I am even posting about this, but I was flattered when my lifelong friend Hanna requested me to :) So Hanna- here we go!
I am pretty simple when it comes to skin care because I don't have loads of time or patience for complex multi-step solutions. Here are the products I use on a daily basis. I guess I can tell you in about 10 years or so if they worked or not ;) haha!
1. Clinique "All About Eyes"- I honestly have seen RESULTS with this. Right before my wedding, I got a facial with my mom and sister and the lady recommended I started using this eye cream. I was somewhat offended considering I thought only moms and grandmas used eye cream and I was only 25 at the time. HOWEVER, this is a great moisturizer that has caffeine in it so not only is it good for wrinkles around the eyes, but it works WONDERS on the dark under eye circles. She also said its always good to start early (mid 20's to be exact) as a preventative measure rather than trying to fix deep lines later on in life. I use this 1x in the morning and 1x at night. (Not going to lie though, I still need under eye concealer after it dries up a bit- but it has definitely improved the dark circles!)
2. Clean and Clear face wash- I have used this stuff since high school. I love that after I use it, my skin literally feels tight and tingles (I wash my face with cold water so that could have something to do with it as well). Logan always compliments how soft my skin is and I think it simply has to do with taking care of it.
3. Clean and Clear moisturizer- I use this 1x at night and 1x in the morning as well. Since the "All About Eyes" only goes under my eyes, I put this moisturizer on the rest of my face and my neck. It smells nice, its not too thick, and when I put my makeup on afterwards, it doesn't stick in certain places or get clumpy. (I hate that! I like LIGHT coverage)
4. Kiehls hand salve- I did not use Kiehls until I started working at Neimans and all the gals highly recommended it as my first purchase within the Kiehls installment. I use this either 1x at night before bed, or 1x in the morning right after my shower. At first I did not like it b/c this stuff is SO THICK... it honestly takes about 5 minutes or so for it to sink in and "dry up" if you will but it keeps my hands SO soft and it lasts all day. It doesn't really have a smell (good or bad), but it is known for working wonders with dry hands. I used it constantly during the winter and highly recommend it.
4. Noxzema face wipes- These have makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer ALL IN ONE WIPE! This is not the ideal solution, but its perfect for nights where you fall asleep on the couch and sleepily wander to the bathroom to force yourself to wash your face and brush your teeth. You just take out a wipe, rub it on your face, throw it away... then plop into bed and continue dreaming. Such a fast and simple fix.
I have no idea if this post was helpful or totally boring because I am the furthest from any sort of beauty expert, but I highly recommend any of these products and they are all relatively cheap! (I don't have a La Mer type budget at this point in my life- even WITH my discount haha!)