So Miss Brenda Marr turned 30 this year and one of her gifts was 2 hours in the KARAOKE CAB! I had never even heard about it but let me just tell you a few things about this evening:
- Francisco (our cab driver) was our entertainment & MC with his jokes and inappropriate comments among being a multi-task expert of driving & singing! (safety?)
- He was in love with Morgan. Proof can be found in the "day after" email to Brenda and on the front page of his website. (we are featured!)
- Hi, Brenda Marr - this Francisco tell Morgan, I hope this is the name, I still love her, this is the result of love, just click here and check the front page, and tell her to call me. http://www.karaokeyellowcab.
- Look at that CD-filled ceiling! The cab also has lights, a microphone for each person (including Francisco himself), and wait for it... a SMOKE machine!!! It got a bit over-used at times ha
- The song list binders are VERY random ... and VERY misspelled. Only 1 Dixie Chicks song- bummer. We capped off the evening with "Can you feel the love tonight?" - Elton John/ Lion King style!
- I would highly suggest some adult beverages b/c the route he will take you on (total PR stunt) is to the RITZ, the W / Victory Park area, and West Village. I don't think he got the memo that that type of demographic is more annoyed by karaoke than running up to grab his business cards... but we did have a few takers.
- Francisco had recently had a wreck, so in order to get in the front passenger seat, you had to climb through the window... charming :)
- At the W, we met a Bachelorette Party that we stopped and sang "Like a Virgin" with...it was highly entertaining. At least they appreciated us!
Morgan and Fransico's Duet - "My Humps"
Brenda's Solo: Shakira