Basically, after doing quite a bit of research, we landed on storing ALL of our stuff.
1. Logan's brother Kristin packed up their house and moved to France for a cool, $10,000. UM- all that we own doesn't even add up to that amount of money, so we were thankful to learn from her!
2. I went through a weekend of wanting to sell EVERYTHING and start fresh and new since its a brand new adventure. Let go of the past, drink in the future.... but then I had a meltdown followed by a panic attack. The whole free spirit battle lost in this instance and practicality and emotional attachment won. It was too much for me to process- moving AND selling everything we own. So... we aren't putting that pressure on ourselves.
3. We just got married under 2 years ago. We will NEVER get to register again. If we were to move back, there is no way I would be able to afford Crate & Barrel anything! Therefore, its important to hold onto all those nice wedding gifts.
4. Packing - We are packing clothes only with a few small meaningful items- pictures, photo albums, books, etc. Logan said I have 3x the wardrobe of an average French girl... He is appalled at all my clothes haha! So I think I can for sure purge through some of those and hang onto my absolute favorites, classic silhouettes, basics, and fun accessories. We have 4 suitcases total to bring over on our international flight... so that should be interesting to sift through!
5. Our place is furnished. Although none of it is my taste, we will not be sleeping on the floor the first night and sitting on the ground for meals. That being said, re-doing our home is going to be a little fun project of mine. I have become extremely passionate about redoing furniture, so I am looking forward to some French flea market finds!
Have we started packing yet? HAHAHAHHAH... um, NO! Oops? We will start that next week when we no longer have to work! Much more time to run errands & see family and friends!