This week has been hectic - We have had clients on full pension which equals 3 meals per day, every day...which also means Sheri & I doing a lot of cooking and dishes! It's been fun though and I have learned a ton - in fact this morning, I learned how to make a quiche from scratch! Voila :) Earlier this week we visited Chateau Murol (will post pictures soon) and then on Wednesday we headed to Bordeaux b/c the Isaac kiddos had to get their passports renewed and that is where the American consulate in France is located. We tagged along b/c Bordeaux also happens to be the closest IKEA location. It was a long day, but we picked up some affordable apartment goodies and have been working on renovating our place ever since! Walls started popping up today and I am daydreaming about color schemes and quirky furniture I can use freshen up the place. My 5 smiles for today are all home inspiration. Enjoy and have a great long weekend!
1. I just inherited a cute antique chest of drawers made out of cedar... although Gigi (My grandmother-in-law) would be appalled, I may just have to paint it fire engine red!!!
Source: moorea-seal.com via Abby on Pinterest
2. I want to do a chalkboard wall in our kitchen!!! One problem: Chalkboard paint hasn't made it over to France yet. #Frenchgirlproblems
Source: remodelista.com via Abby on Pinterest
3. Um.... okay spoiler alert... This picture has made my decision final. Our kitchen will be turquoise and red. Its a done deal now. SWOOON!!!!
Source: thesiovhanshow.tumblr.com via Abby on Pinterest
4. Our place it very open with very little storage. This little cutie is practical AND chic!
Source: myidealhome.tumblr.com via Abby on Pinterest
5. Right now our kitchen has open white cabinets. I am going to spice up the place by adding a colorful curtain over all the open areas. I think it will breathe life into the space. NOW to find the perfect print... Stay tuned.
Source: maryruffle.tumblr.com via Abby on Pinterest
LOVE the red/turquoise combo and adore the idea of painting the chest a bright color!!!ReplyDelete
Miss you tons!
It is going to be fabulous! I was a little sad you decided NOT to paint a chalkboard wall bc I thought I would be able to fly over and deliver a quart in person...jk!ReplyDelete
i promise i will never give you decorating advice. i, do love what you are doing. hopefully; you are enjoying every single minute. seriously, who gets to live this dream? this is movie stuff!ReplyDelete