The time is finally here!!! We are moving TODAY!
After 2 weeks of stress, anxiety, and tears it is time to board the plane that will change my life. This whole goodbye process has been a lot tougher than I imagined, but Logan has been a huge support and I feel very blessed that I will have him and his family by my side during this transition. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us over the next couple of years.
Things we have accomplished in 2 weeks:
- Selling our 2 cars in 4 days on Craiglist!
- Purchasing a year's supply of contacts
- Moving Leslie Mayemba (a close family friend) into Baylor for her Fall study abroad program
- Getting a power of attorney set up to do our wire transfers while we are abroad
- Closing out credit cards, insurance, and cell phones (I am going to miss my number! I have had it since I was 16.... )
- Purchased a new Mac Book & iPod touch
- Purged about 40% of my clothes
- Fit our life into 6 suitcases more or less (Hey visitors- we will be sending you with an extra duffle bag in exchange for a really cute chalet in Central France!) :)
- Purchased plug adaptors and stocked up on basics that we need - deodorant, contact solution, etc.
- Went through ALL of my childhood keepsakes to figure out what to keep and what to throw out
- Put everything we wanted to come home to, in STORAGE (furniture, wedding gifts, appliances, etc.)
- 2 goodbye parties and more than I can count Happy Hours, lunch dates, & dinner dates.
I am so ready to explore the unknown and share our adventure with you!